I've gotten some offers for classes already for Culinary Symposium in 2010! Master Ref (viking_food_guy) is working up some new Viking age goodness, HL Eulalia de Ravensfeld (shadowdryad) has some awesome ideas on food for the working classes, Anne Marie (ornerie) will be teaching something fabulous, and I've gotten at least one out of Kingdom offer as well.
This one from Dame Alys Katharine from the Middle actually made me Squee out loud this morning!!
1. Making Comfits - Hands on, need stove with 2 burners. Would need to borrow some equipment (wok, small pan, etc.). Time is 1-1.5 hours and might need to be limited in actual participants. Handouts.
2. Cookery at Hampton Court and With Ivan Day - 1 hour; a look at DVD photos of three courses I have taken, cookery I've watched. Would need some way to show photos from DVD. (My notebook is only 9" wide.)
3. The Banquet Course and Sugar Sculptures - probably 1 hour. What items constituted the banquet course; handout with lists, selected recipes (about 60) and bibliography. DVD of sugar sculpture (Ivan Day, Peter Brears) from an exhibit in York, England. Would need some way to show photos from DVD.
4. Possibly one on selected pastry/dough from course at Ivan Day's and demonstration at Hampton Court.
5. Could do a basic course in sugar paste (but I think you have folk out there who can do it as well).
I've also got an offer for the oaken cooks symposium in April to fly into Detroit, stay with one of my long distance foodie inspirations and commute with her back and forth to the event! This actually makes it do-able so I'm looking into what I might be able to get flights for. http://orcs.freehostia.com/
It looks like I can currently get a flight with one stop for as low as 326, or nonstop for 481. I'll have to look at the budget and ponder on it, but I really want to go, if even only to hang out and get to meet Elewyse!